Sunday, June 8, 2008

Conversations with James

This is one half of a conversation that took place a couple of weeks ago between Simon and James. (I could only hear James, so you'll have to use your imagination for Simon's part!) If we drag ourselves out of bed early enough, we can catch Simon before he gets to work and James is able to chat for a few minutes on the phone. This was one of those mornings...


She (that would be me), she's burping Peter...
She's going to make coffee in a few minutes...
coffee before breakfast...
moms always needs coffee...
she's getting very thirsty for coffee...

I'm a bit disconcerted by this shrewd assessment of my character. Breakfast for the boys? Heck no! Give me a cup of coffee first and let life slowly return to my sleep deprived body. I'm wondering if I have any secrets left if even my 3 year old can so clearly see the way things work around here!

2 comments:

Gillian Foley said...

hahaha Funny that, I was thinking about a similar post I was going to make called "Conversations with a three year old" LOL! Your James sounds like my Matthew! And I'm seriously hearing ya on the coffee part, sista!! Can't live without mah coffee!! hehe ~ Gill

Anonymous said...

Good post.