Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My First Creative Team

Time to spill the secret... I'm on Miss Tiina Designs CT! This is my first time and I was so excited when she contacted me asking if I'd be interested in joining! I'm having lots of fun. WAY more fun than I'd be having if the big secret was another pregnancy like my mom and sister were thinking it was!! In fact, if it were another baby, you'd find me in a straight jacket being carted away to a loony bin. (Not that I don't want any more children mind you; I just don't want any more right now!)

After winning my blog blinkie at DST, I decided I wanted to try my hand at making one of my own. I finally finished last night.
I've decided that the most important skill you need if you want to make blinkies is not creativity; it's patience! It took forever to finish!! But, I'm pretty happy with the result. I think the word "MY" is too small in most of it, and maybe I'll go back and fix it (but then again, maybe not! There's a lot of layers that would have to be redone.) It was fun though, so I think I will try making another sometime.

Here's my latest layout. The old picture is of my mom's parents on their wedding day (my grandfather passed away almost five years ago now, so this photo is very special), the middle photo is of my mom and dad when they were in Japan this summer (the love they have for each other is such a blessing to me!), and the last is of Simon and I (and Peter too! ) in Hawaii last summer. I extracted each of the boys from a different picture. (Don't you think Peter looks like he has bulldog jowls?)

3 comments:

Carol said...

What a great job you've done! Grandma will love it!!! I'll confess, you didn't get those creative genes from MY side of the family :)

Anonymous said...

Carol .... let's just be honest, she didn't get the creative genes from _HER_MOTHER_ .... the rest of the family aren't creativity challenged.

- Uncle Ralph

Kristin said...

I'm not suprised that you were asked to join this creative team, your work is fabulous! I especially love that layout you did with DSTs subscription kit.
Congratulations!