Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Random News

My "little" brother left for Marine bootcamp about two and a half weeks ago. I miss him, not that I used to see him all the time, but I always looked forward to a smile and hug on Sunday mornings when we got to church. I really miss his funny stories. Simon always says that no one makes me laugh like Will, and it's so true. He's one of the funniest people I know. You can find the latest updates on how he's doing, plus snippets of letters we've gotten from him here. I highly recommend checking it out~the letters are pretty entertaining! We went up the Saturday we left for vacation to say goodbye to him since he was leaving while we were gone, and I took some pictures of him and my boys. Here's one of the best of the bunch:


On to one of John's latest misdeeds. Last Saturday morning I decided to make muffins for breakfast so I mixed up the batter, poured it in the tins, put it in the oven and set the timer (always important for me to do because every time I tell myself I can remember without a timer, I end up forgetting!) When the timer went off and I came back to check on them, this is what met my unbelieving eyes:
There's John, up to his elbows in flour which he had been happily dumping on the floor by the fistful. (And yes, I do buy flour and sugar in bulk.) Our scolding was met with this dirty look, after which he took off, leaving a trail of flour behind. Yes indeedy, we're going to have our hands full with that child!

Peter's personality is really starting to develop. Even now while I'm writing this, he's sitting in his car seat talking away to himself. I think he just likes to hear the sound of his own voice. Even James didn't talk this much as a baby. Considering how much he talks now, it's kind of scary to think that Peter might talk even more!


I started a Bible study last Wednesday. We're going through the book "Feminine Appeal" by Carolyn Mahaney. During the discussion time the subject of laundry somehow came up, and everyone in my group was amazed when my sister and I said we don't sort our laundry before throwing it in the washer. We've never had anything change colors on us, but no one could believe we don't sort. So I ask you... do you sort your laundry? Anyway, I signed up to bring snacks the next week (which would be tonight) so last night when we were at Costco I picked up some yummy looking cupcakes. After we got home and unloaded everything, Simon noticed that there was one cupcake missing.
I can't believe someone ate one of the cupcakes right in the store and we didn't even realize... What? You say there's chocolate crumbs on my face? Please excuse me for a minute while I brush them off...
...
...
...
...and we didn't even realize it when we bought them!

The boys are playing in room time right now. I'm pretending I can't hear them.

A number of weeks ago I dragged myself out of bed in the morning, and stumbled down the hall on my way to make some coffee, when I was confronted by the biggest spider ever seen in North America. My heart started pounding; I stood absolutely still trying to figure out what I was going to do. (I'll show you a picture of the spider, but you must promise to remember that it was early in the morning, it was dark, and I wasn't wearing my contacts! Here's what it looked like to me; click the image to see what someone who wasn't practically blind or totally exhausted would have seen:)
Scary, isn't it? After a minute or two, I finally figured out that what I was looking at was one of the boys' animals, but rather than pick it up, I just left it there, and all morning my heart jumped every time I saw it lying on the floor. Watch out, you never know when a huge spider will invade your house!

Be back later today with some pool pictures! :)

(Hey Laura, I changed the commenting options so that anyone can leave a comment, and I know you read this nonsense just to see pictures of your nephews, so next time you're here, leave me a comment!)

1 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my gosh, what cutie pies! And yes, that toy would have scared me half to death in the early morning! That happens to me all the time (half blind here too). Some toy looks like a rat or snake or I catch my step daughters lifesize cinderella out of the corner of my eye and freak out that someone is staring at me. LOL! Have a great weekend!